Learn how to configure a flow to delete news synced from SharePoint News to Staffbase.
The delete News Sync flow allows you to delete a news post in Staffbase when the corresponding news post is deleted in SharePoint based on an automatic event triggered by a webhook. This flow is ideal for keeping both platforms up to date, especially if you have SharePoint as your intranet solution for the desktop workforce and Staffbase as a mobile app solution for your frontline workforce.
- Open the delete news sync flow
- Configure SharePoint connection
- Configure your Staffbase platform hosting details
- Fix errors and save the flow
- Test the flow
- You have imported the delete news sync flow to Power Automate.
- In Power Automate, navigate to My flows.
- Select the delete news sync flow you imported.
- Click Edit to configure the news sync flow.
The delete news sync flow opens.You have opened the flow. Now, you can configure the steps in the flow.
- In the flow, open step 1 to configure the SharePoint connections.
- Add the connection that you created for SharePoint to map the connection to the trigger.
The When a file is deleted dialog opens.
- In the Site Address dropdown field, select a SharePoint site that has news content you want to sync.
- In the Library Name dropdown field, select Enter custom value, and enter Site Pages.
Configure the details of the hosting infrastructure for your Staffbase platform.
- In the flow, open step 2 to configure the Staffbase platform details.
- In the Value field, enter one of the following depending on where your Staffbase platform is hosted.
- US: If your Staffbase platform is hosted on the US infrastructure, enter: https://backend.staffbase.com/api/
- Europe: If your Staffbase platform is hosted on the German infrastructure, enter: https://de.staffbase.com/api/
Some steps can still miss a mapping connection leading to errors. You need to fix those errors before saving the flow.
- In the flow page, click Flow checker on the top toolbar.
The Flow checker dialog opens.
- Click on an error.
You are redirected to the step in which the configuration is incorrect.
- Provide the correct details.
- Click Save after fixing all the errors.
After saving the flow, you can test the flow to ensure that it works as expected.
- In the flow page, click Test on the top toolbar.
The Test Flow dialog opens.
- Click Manually.
- Click Save & Test.
You have tested the flow and if you have not encountered any errors, you can run the flow. If you encounter any errors, fix them, and test the flow again.